Count Down Till The End Of School Year
Mom and Dads DO NOT PANIC!!
This is just a helpful reminder!
Most moms (and dads) know what this means! Kids will be home all day every day for summer vacation which means your semi-clean house will resemble a hurricane or some other catastrophe. Well, there are some things we moms (or dads) can do to get the house in order for the kick off to summer vacation. First things first don't worry about it! Being with your kids is the most important thing so seriously make memories and don't worry about the mess. But before the last day of school, there are a few easy things you can do to help take the stress off of cleaning your house over the summer.
1. Go through their closets and clothes ahead of time. You know those pants were getting a little snug for them and will not make it until next year go ahead now and pull them and set them aside. Why you're at it do a once over on their dressers as well. You might as well hit your closet as well and just get it done.
2. Do a quick once over in the bedrooms and then the playrooms, pull the stuff you know the kids do not play with and put them aside as well. It will be easier with the kids not being there.
3. If you have a home office and have already decided that's where you will be for any portion of the day go in and do a good cleaning. Why because you are going to be in there for part of your day you will want to have it clean. Also if space allows for it put mommy or daddy friendly snacks in there. That way you don't have to run all over the place. Your office is where you work and your kids need to understand that is your space and you need your time to do things as well.
4. Before the kids are out for good now is a great time to also do a deep clean in the living room and dining room because it will hold up better through the summer months and then you can do another deep clean after school restarts again.
5. Another big area you should get down and dirty with before school ends are your mud and laundry rooms. This is the room the kids will trample through the most. Laundry from the beaches or day trips come here and for most people, this is a main entry point of the home. Be cautious and just deep clean it make your life a bit easier on yourself.
6. The last room you really need to hit is your kitchen. Find out what you need, make a master shopping list and get yourself organized. That way you have no problems with school out and realizing you have out of what you are going to need.
All the things you pulled you have a choice you could donate or have a yard sale. If you start with the yard sale you will have money later on for some summer adventures. Then after your sale, you could donate or just post on Facebook in a sale group free come get it all. I guarantee you someone will come get it from you.
But the most important thing with summer vacation have fun and make memories. As a mom who keeps asking where the time goes with children at all stages of school life have fun and relax. Have a great summer everyone!